[packagekit] Semantic issues with GetDeps (and other interface functions)

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 23:21:51 PDT 2007

On 04/09/07, Travis Willard <travis at archlinux.org> wrote:
> if software needs to be configured, software needs to change" won't help

Upstream software doesn't put questions in the packaging spec file, it
usually ships a good working example config file.

> I see no harm in log messages, so long as it's done in a way that
> doesn't pester the user.

If it's a message "You need to configure jabber before it will accept
incoming clients" then I agree it's a good thing. Asking a question
"Enable SELinux?, [yes] [no]" isn't what we want at all.