[packagekit] Unsupported package groups/filters

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 10:02:48 PDT 2007

On 09/09/07, Tim Lauridsen <tla at rasmil.dk> wrote:
> It sound like a good ideas to add something like get_group, to let the
> backend defind the groups available groups.
> yum work with categories and groups defined in comps.xml file and there
> is also groups defined in the RPMs.

I've added methods into the backends so that you can now specify what
you can filter, e.g. 'devel', 'gui' or 'installed'. Backends should at
least support 'installed', and I really want to push you to implement
the other two quite strongly.

You can also specify what groups you support in another method. These
have to be enumerated types, and should probably be less that about 20
types. If you want to add a group enum then just yell. Backends should
try to map internal group names to these enumerated types.

I've not yet hooked these up to the GUI, I'll do that shortly.

Please edit the code in your backend and push to the server. Thanks.