[packagekit] Package update policy

Robin Norwood rnorwood at redhat.com
Tue Sep 25 13:07:35 PDT 2007

"Ken VanDine" <ken at vandine.org> writes:

> Immediate could be tricky... what if you are using the app that needs
> updating?  You probably want to show the user there is a security
> update available and let them "Update now".

Ideally I would like only ask the user questions about updates if they
tell us to.  I don't recall ever having a problem applying updates while
an application is running in linux - I probably need to restart the
application if I want to get the new version, however.  Notifying the
user that a security update has been applied and they will need to
restart the (application/service/system) is important, but a separate
piece.

-RN