[packagekit] Package update policy

Patryk Zawadzki patrys at pld-linux.org
Wed Sep 26 12:30:22 PDT 2007

2007/9/26, Bryan Clark <bclark at redhat.com>:
> As for the System Update Preferences UI I'd go with something like this.

> System Update Preferences
>
>   [x] Automatically Check for Updates When Idle
>
>     [Every Day \/] Check for new updates
>
>     [x] Download updates automatically
>
>     (o) Never ask for confirmation, perform all updates automatically
>     ( ) Always perform security updates, but ask otherwise
>     ( ) Always ask before updating anything
>
>                                                           [ x Close ]
>  Hope I'm not coming into the game too late.  Thoughts?

I'd reword the whole thing. Something along "I'd like to install newer
versions of the software I'm using: (x) whenever a new version comes
out ( ) only when my version is found unsecure" or something. So an
average jane user does nor need to call her IT department.

--
Patryk Zawadzki
Generated Content