[packagekit] Documentation

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 03:21:26 PDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-03-31 at 22:45 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> Good question. These settings are per-user, and control how often the
> gpk-update-icon running in your session checks for new updates, and
> what it does with any new updates that it finds.

Agree. Only the currently active session is allowed to perform policy,
so basically the policy is used of whoevers session is active.

> Richard was working on a cron script to handle updates when nobody is
> logged in. I'm not sure if that has made it into a release yet.

Yes, it's available in 0.1.10, but disabled by default. Do you think
that a description and explanation about PackageKit-cron belongs in the
gnome-packagekit yelp documentation? Maybe just a cursory mention?