[packagekit] license handling

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Apr 3 06:50:58 PDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-04-03 at 15:47 +0200, Stanislav Visnovsky wrote:
> In openSUSE, we are obliged to show the license at the installation time of
> package. So this is a real issue for us.

Is that even correct though, legal wise?  If I the admin for a system
install software and accept the license, then a multitude of users use
the software, have they also accepted the license?  One would think not.
On the Red Hat / Fedora side, we're extremely opposed to any sort of
interactive package installation.  All package installations must be
automatable and that throws out any accepting of licenses during the
transaction.

--
Jesse Keating