[packagekit] license handling

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 01:30:41 PDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-04-04 at 10:25 +0200, Klaus Kaempf wrote:
> > We just cannot (and will not) do the EULA on upgrade - what if there
> > is no user present and it's automatic and unattended?
>
> Then such an update (one with a changed EULA) probably has to be postponed.

I guess just hold back that _one_ update.

> > Also, I would appreciate it if you didn't bully the issue with
> > statements like "...without it, PackageKit might not be usable for
> > openSUSE"
>
> I apologize, this wasn't my intention.

Thanks. I know email isn't the best way to talk (I would much prefer in
on a beach, in a bar surrounded by laptops, beer and some live music in
the background... but I digress) and sometimes things come over wrong.
I'm also sorry if I over-reacted.

What data needs to be presented in a EULA:

vendor_name
eula_text

Anything else?