[packagekit] Doing the GPG auth dance

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 07:48:34 PDT 2008

I've got an experimental branch that allows client tools to handle the
rep-signature-required signal and requeing the action to make it
complete. I only did this for pkcon, but it wasn't easy.

Now, the problem I've got is similar with the eula response - do we make
each application that wants to do package installation with packagekit
handle all this goo - or do we wrap it up in an easy GOjbect that takes
care of all the complexity?

What about allowing the gpk-update-icon to put up a bubble asking if the
EULA is okay? this would mean clients can just do the action, and allow
the session tools and packagekitd to do the right thing, but breaks if
the client tools are not running.

If we let the calling application handle it, then we've got to add code
to do it even in programs like inkscape and openoffice, which would suck
massively.

Anyone got any good ideas? The hacky patch for pkcon is attached.