[packagekit] Doing the GPG auth dance

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 02:49:44 PDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-04-16 at 10:30 +0200, Stefan Haas wrote:
> how should an eula_id look like?

Quoting the spec:

"The eula_id which identifies the EULA - this is provided so that if a
specific EULA has previously agreed to a EULA from Acme Corp it is not
asked again. An example eula_id is vmware5_single_user"

Now, if the EULA is per-package, then the package_id can be used as the
eula_id. If if all vmware packages have the same eula, the eula_id could
be "vmware".

It's designed to be a identifier that can be added to gconf that is
"I've agreed to this already" so we don't keep asking the user the exact
same licence when they are re-installing a package.

If the last two paragraphs make this clearer, please feel free to add
them to the spec. Thanks!