[packagekit] Treating untrusted and trusted operations differently

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 18:54:37 PDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-04-21 at 21:13 -0400, David Zeuthen wrote:
> The two stage attempt would just be
>
>   1. UI tries InstallPackage("~/Desktop/livna-release.9-1.noarch.rpm")
>
>   2. PackageKit returns NotAuthorized with action='.install-untrusted',
>      result='auth_admin_one_shot'

PackageKit currently assigns the PolicyKit type based on the "Role"
rather than waiting for the transaction to start. I'll look into if we
can relax this and do things differently.

>      (Btw, where do you import the keys? I think these are part of the
>       Livna release RPM and will get automatically installed. Will the
>       user get a say in this? And where will he get prompted? Just
>       curious.)

Yup, the client tool Does a key import method, and then requeues the
transaction if it succeeded. It's a separate DBUS method.