[packagekit] Adding a new INFO enumerated type?

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 10:55:04 PDT 2008

> The first thing to clarify here is what we really want to discriminate
> local vs remove or installed vs uninstalled ?

Yes, that might be simplest.

________|__installed__|__available__
local   |     A       |     B
remote  |     C       |     D

Where available=~installed and local is ~remote.

So a locally installed package not available in the repo is A, a package
not yet installed and not available in the repo is B, a package
installed and in the repo is C, a package available but not installed in
the repo is D.

That gives us greatest flexibility, but is going to be a pain in the ass
to get right in the backends :-)