[packagekit] PolicyKit, PackageKit or apt backend

dantti85-pk at yahoo.com.br dantti85-pk at yahoo.com.br
Mon Aug 18 13:46:47 PDT 2008

Hi,
I'm not sure this is related with
PolicyKit, PackageKit or apt backend.

But I'm having troubles..
well it happened when i installed
a new version of packagekit and
it also updated the apt backend.
then cosolekit started to stop working
i could only solve it purging and
upgrating to unstable (but it wasn't
updated before i update packagekit)
the ck-list-sessions where working just for yesterday.

Ok today i turn on my laptop and ck-list-sessions
again stopped...hmmm
i logout and login... and there it was working again
(I think packagekit is killing somehow policykit,
and the reason for me to believe is because there is a
process running on the background to check for
packages updates).

So working fine.. i decided to test the system updates
that i just implemented... :D

I click on refresh cache
just to have the lastest list...
then upgrade..(system-update)
well the first time it didn't worked (pretty sure is apt related
because it already happened other times)
then i clicked again it started to download..
then installing.. and after a while it restarted my dbus an i
lost my conection... and the transaction stuck at 79 %

i waited...
not too long i did a ps aux...
what a surprise? nor packagekit nor apt backend where running
and ck-list-session also stoped working...

so.. i really don't have any idea who's fault is..
but if you have a way to help me debug this
behavior i'll apreciate.

Thanks,
Daniel

      Novos endereços, o Yahoo! que você conhece. Crie um email novo com a sua cara @ymail.com ou @rocketmail.com.