[packagekit] PackageKit and gnome-packagekit 0.4.0 released!

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 10:09:14 PST 2008

On Tue, 2008-12-09 at 18:24 +0100, Sebastian Heinlein wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 09.12.2008, 09:26 +0000 schrieb Richard Hughes:
> > Today I released PackageKit and gnome-packagekit 0.4.0 (unstable).
>
> Great. Do you have got a rough idea when you plan to stabalize the
> series? Feature freeze for the next Ubuntu release will be late
> February.

Not sure at this point. I would love to give some sort of metric "major
releases every 4 months" -- but I don't spend all my time on PackageKit
and it depends on how much "spare" I've got left. I'm also working on
other projects adding PackageKit functionality, and if they require the
0.4.x API then that might hurry things up.

> Would be nice to have a kind of time based release schedule.

I don't think you should be shoving 0.4.x into a stable distro series --
at least not for a while at least. I want to get the session interface
nailed down in the next few weeks and then we can start building on
that.

Sorry for the wishy-washy answer.