[packagekit] Ruck, an old-new alternative command line interface for PackageKit

Aidan Skinner aidan at skinner.me.uk
Tue Dec 16 14:35:25 PST 2008

On Tue, 2008-12-16 at 08:29 +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:

> > The one thing in that class that immediately springs to mind is that
> > there's no way of locking packages that I can find. My C is useless
> > though, so I can't do much about that.
>
> Define locking. You mean holding a package at a specific version?

Yeah, or alternatively holding it below a specific one for those "please don't upgrade frobnicator to 4.0.0" situations where you want a few updates, but not major upgrades. Not so much of a concern with distro packages but useful for app-specific repositories.

- Aidan
--
http://aidan-skinner.livejournal.com/
Apache Qpid - Open Enterprise Messaging http://qpid.apache.org