[packagekit] yum2 backend

Robin Norwood rnorwood at redhat.com
Fri Feb 15 06:58:26 PST 2008

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 14:30:53 +0100
Tim Lauridsen <tim.lauridsen at googlemail.com> wrote:

> I spend some time make the yum2 dbus backend work.
>
> Had to comment out all dbus service methods in the base class
> (deamonBackend.py) because it looks like overloading the methods in
> yumDBUSBackend.py was not working, so when calling the methods from

Thanks for fixing that up...I thought it was working for me the other
night, but tests in the harsh light of day show that it doesn't work
for me now either. Any python guys know anything about overloading
decorators, and why this wouldn't be working?

> via dbus call the stubs in the baseclass, and they are not doing any
> action. I have add a call to a self._check_init() in each dbus
> method, it checks if Init() has been called and call it if not, it
> also setup if we want to use the yum cache or not.

I was wondering if that was necessary, but should it be?  My
understanding is that the backend should always call Init() - is this
check just masking a bug in the backend?  Hughsie?

-RN

--
Robin Norwood
Red Hat, Inc.