[packagekit] Properties and Supported

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 07:00:19 PST 2008

On Fri, 2008-02-15 at 08:57 +0100, Sebastian Heinlein wrote:
> have you already thought about implementing a common GetProperty method
> in PackageKit? There are always special needs by distributions, e.g.
> support life time of a package.

I think a general getter is too loose in API definition. What parameters
do you want to get at per-package?

> It would be nice to have a supported and third party filter in
> PackageKit. But this could also be decided in the frontend.

Can you define supported and third-party for a general case? Then we can
work on how these filters could map to others like yum (where livna is
unsupported) in a more general sense.

But overwise, adding more filters is a good thing to do.