[packagekit] build error?

Thomas Wood thomas at openedhand.com
Mon Feb 18 09:12:42 PST 2008

On Mon, 2008-02-18 at 10:55 -0500, Robin Norwood wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 18:30:29 +0000
> Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 2008-02-15 at 22:15 -0500, Robin Norwood wrote:
> > > gtk-doc: Compiling scanner
> > > Anyone know what's up with this?
> >
> > Have you done a "make" in the root directory before you try to compile
> > the scanner? Does make distcheck work?
>
> Hrm, I re-ran make clean, and autogen.sh...
>
> make distcheck fails after that, but 'make' followed by 'make
> distcheck' works.  Maybe this is expected?

I think this is the problem:

- If you run make dist on a clean tree, it does not compile any code.

- On running "make dist", when you get to the gtk-doc directory (in our
case, docs/api), gtk-doc will try to generate the api docs for the
tarball, because we have explicitly enabled gtk-doc for when we are
building the dist target.

- The api docs are generated by scanning the gobjects in the libraries
that we build. Since this is a clean tree, none of the libraries needed
to create the scanner are built yet, so you get that error.

I hope that helps.

Thomas

--
OpenedHand Ltd.

Unit R Homesdale Business Center / 216-218 Homesdale Road /
Bromley / BR1 2QZ / UK             Tel: +44 (0)20 8819 6559

Expert Open Source For Consumer Devices - http://o-hand.com/