[packagekit] Level of support

PEDRO MACANAS VALVERDE macanas_ped at gva.es
Tue Feb 19 00:55:39 PST 2008

________________________________

De: packagekit-bounces at lists.freedesktop.org en nombre de Richard Hughes
Enviado el: lun 18/02/2008 18:48
Para: PackageKit users and developers list
Asunto: Re: [packagekit] Level of support

On Mon, 2008-02-18 at 12:20 +0100, Sebastian Heinlein wrote:
> We now have got a new filter which allows to search for supported packages. But there is still an open question:
>
> > Is supported a boolean? If so we can add it to GetDescription trivially.
>
>> In Ubuntu it can currently have three values: supported 3 years,
> supported 5 years, unsupported.

>Sure, but when you are looking at a package you're not thinking "5
years, it's been 4 and a half years since the release day so it must be
still supported" - you just want to see a "supported" graphic telling
you if it's still valid or not.

>Surely the backend should be doing something like:

bool supported = (($current_date - $release_date) - $years_supported < 0)

>Then you can display a trivial "supported" graphic in the package search
and update tool. Is this not better information to the user?

Yes, it is.

Pedro.