[packagekit] Cancel method for dbus backends

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 15:45:57 PST 2008

On Wed, 2008-02-27 at 16:26 -0500, Robin Norwood wrote:
> I added a Cancel method for the yum2 backend, but it still doesn't
> work.  Reading the dbus and dbus-python docs, AFAICT we're doing
> everything correctly to allow an asych call

Are we allowed to call another async method on an interface when we are
half way through the first?

> , but the Cancel call still
> isn't executed until after whatever action we're trying to cancel is
> over.  Any idea what I'm doing wrong here?

I guess DBUS is serializing the method calls, which isn't insane. DBUS
legends: is there away to abort a async dbus method call from the
caller? What about dbus_g_proxy_end_call or dbus_g_proxy_cancel_call?