[packagekit] Things that need fixing

Robin Norwood rnorwood at redhat.com
Thu Feb 28 11:12:45 PST 2008

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 18:53:08 +0100
Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2008-02-28 at 13:45 -0500, Robin Norwood wrote:
> > I've looked at this a bit more, and it looks pretty feasible to have
> > the engine send arrays over dbus instead of strings.
>
> Agree.
>
> > Or, we could just spooge together the package definitions with
> > yet-another-separator.
>
> Na, I think this is a sane place to change the type to as from s.
>
> > The other question is, do we keep the single-package methods and add
> > multi-package methods, or just change all of the single-package
> > methods so they handle arrays of packages?  I prefer the latter.
>
> Same, although it's no small job.

Yeah.  From a Fedora perspective, I'd like to get the 'install security
updates only' thing working nicely in time for Fedora 9, which means in
the next couple of weeks.  I'll try to get it done soon, though.

> >   We might need to change some of the signals returned so we
> > specify what package we're talking about.
>
> Why? Unless I'm mistaken, all the signals should already have
> package_id's in the return type that could cause confusion.

You're probably right, I just didn't go through and look at all of them.

I assume we want all these operations to be atomic, and fail the entire
transaction if part of it doesn't work?

-RN

--
Robin Norwood