[packagekit] Display of update details in pk-update-viewer

Matthias Clasen matthias.clasen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 08:20:02 PST 2008

On Jan 3, 2008 9:59 AM, Matthias Clasen <matthias.clasen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Also, there seems to be some uncertainty what the url parameter is
> actually supposed to contain. Is it supposed to be the package
> website, or further information about the update (e.g. a bugzilla
> link) ?

Here is  a nice illustration of the "uncertainty":

http://people.redhat.com/mclasen/PackageKit/whaturl.png

This also explains why the "More information" button is not working.
It operates on a serialized list of dictionaries, not on a url...

Other than that, I have the link support working.

Richard, ok to commit the "remove-more-information-button together with
support-references-in-details-textview ?

And then we'll fix up the display when the backend is fixed to
actually send a list of references in the format that tim proposed.

Matthias