[packagekit] A new design update viewer

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 03:36:45 PST 2008

David suggested a few new ways we could do the pk-update-viewer
application. I spent last night drinking whisky with friends and mocking
something up, so take the screenshots with a pinch of salt.

00-no-updates shows the first screen when there are no updates. We
probably need something more sane.

01-updates shows how many of each type of update there is, which I think
is useful. If there's just one low priority update then you could close
it, but otherwise you could review then by clicking next. Do we need a
summary page like this? Is it useful?

02-review shows the review page, where we should add checkboxes so we
can select what we want to download. If we make any partial update
selection then we can hopefully call UpdatePackage with a list of
package_id's in the not so distant future. Maybe.

03-transaction would show the transaction being carried out, with what
is downloading and installing with the two progress bars like
PkProgress. I didn't mock this up as it was getting late.

Anyway, comments appreciated. Nothing is in git, as I wanted to get some
feedback and sanity checking first.

Thanks,