[packagekit] A new design update viewer

Tim Lauridsen tim.lauridsen at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 5 23:09:57 PST 2008

David Zeuthen wrote:

> The concept of ignored updates is interesting and potentially complex.
> It's a bit similar to just unchecking updates but not quite - I think
> the idea is that the UI will never prompt for that given package +
> version again (and it needs additional UI like "Reset Ignored Updates").
> So I'd skip that feature for now in PackageKit.

Maybe packagekit should be able to handle excludes.

something like get_excludes & set_excludes to read/write a list of
exclude wildcard to the backend.

Then ignored updates can be implemented be adding the package name to
the exclude list and reset ignored updates by removing the packagename
from the exclude list.

but we need place to store the list of ignored updated, so we know what
to remove from the exclude list, so it wont mess with excludes add by hand.

Tim