[packagekit] packagekit: Branch 'master' - 14 commits

Robin Norwood rnorwood at redhat.com
Sat Jan 19 13:34:52 PST 2008

On Sat, 2008-01-19 at 13:36 +0100, Tim Lauridsen wrote:
> > commit dd58b3bdda5b8f3909a5a931eed9c719b17625e3
> > Author: Robin Norwood <rnorwood at redhat.com>
> > Date:   Fri Jan 18 15:25:26 2008 -0500
> >
> >     First stab at daemonizing the yum backend.
> >
> >     Provides a new class, daemonBackend.PackageKitBaseBackend which runs a gobject.Mainloop, and sends and receives signals over dbus.  Things left todo are:
> >
> >     o Clean up naming of classes and methods.
> >     o Work out what all of the dbus signals will actually be called
> >       (temporary names are in place now)
> >     o Actually wire up yumBackend to use it
> >
> >     Submitting the code as-is for comments.
> >

> Robin, this is looking good, have added the missing parent class
> declaration and import of parent class.
> I have also addws a new yumDBUSBackend.py with a yumBackend class based
> on the daemonBackend.PackageKitBaseBackend.

Excellent, thanks a lot.  I really want to get this knocked out this
over MLK weekend.  I'll see if I can get the dbus calls worked out
tonight.

> Next step is to make some kind script to easy test the different backend
> methods, so we can test it direct without the frontend, the same way as
> we can run the different helper cmds in the old backend.
>
> something like this would be useful:
>
> dbustest <action> <param1> <param2> ...
>
> EX.
>
> dbustest search-name yum
>
> should do the same as
>
> ./search-name yum

Yeah, we certainly need this.  Are you thinking:

o Something that starts the daemon, does the dbus calls, and exits.

or:

o Something that just imports yumDBUSBackend and calls it's methods.

?

Thanks again!

-RN

--