[packagekit] Possible Ipkg backend renaming

Thomas Wood thomas at openedhand.com
Mon Jan 21 05:49:04 PST 2008

Recently, I started work on improving the ipkg package management system
to enable us to add new features, such as live progress update. As the
upstream sources are no longer maintained, work has begun in the
OpenMoko subversion repository.

However, because of possible trademark or other issues, it was decided
that the new development of ipkg would be renamed to opkg. So I would
like to know if PackageKit users/developers would prefer if I renamed or
copied the existing ipkg backend to create a new backend dependant on
opkg.

Regards,

Thomas

--
OpenedHand Ltd.

Unit R Homesdale Business Center / 216-218 Homesdale Road /
Bromley / BR1 2QZ / UK             Tel: +44 (0)20 8819 6559

Expert Open Source For Consumer Devices - http://o-hand.com/