[packagekit] New dbus backends

S.Çağlar Onur caglar at pardus.org.tr
Mon Jan 21 12:39:13 PST 2008

Hi;

21 Oca 2008 Pts tarihinde, Richard Hughes şunları yazmıştı:
> Right, if some of you have been watching the commit history, you may
> have noticed a new dbus backend type. This is designed as a little
> mini-daemon that exists as a separate process to packagekitd, and is
> created and destroyed by packagekit. It's only useful for the spawned
> python/perl backend types (yum and conary) and the old spawned type
> isn't going away anytime soon. Worry not.

While busy with real-life's work, i lost my way in PK for a while, so if
following questions are silly please don't yell me :).

With following commit;

commit 776d760fc68fb231cd0b8e5deb71214ce7dddb41
Author: Richard Hughes <richard at hughsie.com>
Date:   Sat Jan 19 00:33:27 2008 +0000

    remove backend-python - it doesn't fit in the big new model

PiSi backend no longer compiles (and i think other users of this also broken).

What should i do? Should i start to use "pk-backend-spawn" or should i wait
for yum's DBUS implementation to finish and use that as an example and start
to use new infrastructure with PiSi?

Cheers
--
S.Çağlar Onur <caglar at pardus.org.tr>
http://cekirdek.pardus.org.tr/~caglar/

Linux is like living in a teepee. No Windows, no Gates and an Apache in house!