[packagekit] KPackageKit first beta release

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 01:02:45 PDT 2008

On Sun, 2008-06-29 at 20:10 -0700, mirttex85-pk at yahoo.com.br wrote:
> It was a big while since i met the project i still have the welcome
> to the Pk ml, 12/27/2007, the commit access on 3/16/2008.

You've done very well since then!

> Since then we've been hacking to make this ui real...
> Adrien and i worked a lot a here it's is the first release.
> I admire him cause sometimes i'm a really pain in the ass...
> and he has to study and i keep poking him hey do you know
> what is this error? :P
> And my english is not so good..

You're English is as good as mine, so really no need to apologise.

> About the release it was very hard to lauch today, Adrien just
> swicthed qmake to cmake, and this break everything...
> so we dig a little to fix, and he had to do some stuff and i spent
> the whole day trying to fix this problens, at the end i had the cmake
> ok but the dir was so messed up that a brilliant idea to try on my
> notebook just make me stopping wasting time and doing a new
> git repo (git clone) dir, at the time that i was almost uploading the
> file to kde-apps i discovered that cmake wasn't linking with polkit...
> another fix.. but now everything work (better) than with qmake.

Sure, I think cmake is better than qmake if you want to push this to the
KDE upstream repos.

> KPackageKit still not a replacement for gnome-application (on
> KDE desktop), the lib is complete for api 0.2 but the ui not.

It's quite close tho, you've both done fantastically.

> Here is the link:
> http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php/KPackageKit?content=84311
>
> And thanks everyone who made this possible ;)

Mainly you and Adrien -- which I very much appreciate. Rock on guys!