[packagekit] Synchronous Python interface

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Tue Jul 8 23:48:35 PDT 2008

Hi Ken,

Ken VanDine [2008-07-08 14:06 -0400]:
> It is so great to see application integration with PackageKit!  I know
> i have considered utilizing jockey in Foresight.

Nice!

> Cross-distro tools FTW.  How far along are you?

I just cleaned up the code of packagekit-wrapper.py [1] (it still used
some global variables in the version I sent yesterday).  Today I plan
to integrate it into Jockey trunk.

However, I won't release 0.5 just yet, since I currently have some
half-done work in trunk. Next week I'l meet with Till Kamppeter and
Tim Waugh to finish the discussion of integrating openprinting.org
driver seach into Jockey and system-config-printer, and finish the
implementation, so 0.5 will still take a week or two.

Thanks,

Martin

[1] http://people.ubuntu.com/~pitti/scripts/packagekit-wrapper.py