[packagekit] Python bindings part 2

Aidan Skinner aidan at skinner.me.uk
Thu Jul 17 04:31:14 PDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-07-17 at 08:58 +0100, Martin Pitt wrote:

> Aidan Skinner [2008-07-17  1:29 +0100]:
> > I've added a few more functions to the python wrapper Martin Pitt wrote
> > (http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/packagekit/2008-July/003262.html)
> > and pushed it to a git repo at http://aidan.skinner.me.uk/packagekit.git
> > on the pkwrap branch.
>
> Oh, nice! I hope you used the last version from [1] instead of the
> original version I sent to the list?

Yeah, I did.

> I wanted to check out the repo; forgive my git ignorance, but how do I
> do that?
>
>   $ git fetch  http://aidan.skinner.me.uk/packagekit.git
>   fatal: Not a git repository

Ah, you want:

git clone http://aidan.skinner.me.uk/packagekit.git <dir:defaults to
packagekit>

cd <dir>

git branch <branchname> origin/pkwrap

and it's in python/packagekitwrapper.py

> Please note that I'm still not really satisfied with the wrapper,
> since it does not work when you use it in a program which already uses
> dbus glib mainloops. I haven't found a good workaround to that bug in
> dbus-glib [2][3] yet.

Conduit might do something useful here, I know it uses DBus to talk to
things like Fspot. I haven't looked at it recently though.

- Aidan