[packagekit] Question / Suggestion

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 01:01:56 PDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-05-30 at 12:58 +0200, Patryk Zawadzki wrote:
> > Sure, sensible. But wouldn't Rachel also want the updates to be
> done in
> > the middle of the night too?
>
> Not if she's on an unstable distro line.

Right. we now have the API call DownloadPackages() so we could write
tools to do this for us. For instance, its trivial to do GetUpdates()
and then pipe the output into DownloadPackages() -- so we get everything
as you describe.

The difficult it is the UI. I really want to keep the UI sane and simple
-- so maybe just an additional command (pk-download-updates) might be
the best plan?