[packagekit] Bundles

Justin Haygood jhaygood at reaktix.com
Thu Jun 5 11:54:13 PDT 2008

>On Thu, 2008-06-05 at 16:09 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
>> The point is you _can't_ do translations and trust in a bundle[1] it's
>> deliberately kept super simple.
>>
>> Richard.
>>
>> [1] it's a bad name, and it's probably going to change
>
>As DavidZ points out, a bundle makes it sound like the package files are
>included, which they aren't. For a new name, what about digest,
>checklist, catalog, itinerary or collection.
>
>I quite like digest as a name. Others welcome.
>
>Richard.

Any reason why not to use a subset of One-Click Install for this? We can call it PackageKit Digest, but use a subset of the One-Click Install standard to prevent duplication of effort. By excluding translations, repos, trust, etc.. you can get the same effect.
--
Justin Haygood
jhaygood at reaktix.com
Reaktix. Reality Redefined.