[packagekit] running without a head via cron

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 08:30:37 PST 2008

On Tue, 2008-03-04 at 17:24 +0100, Adrien BUSTANY wrote:
> Hmm, what's the point of using pk on a server ? On a desktop, it's
> really useful and nice compared to pirut/pup, but on a server yum
> update is easier to run...

The argument is that is PackageKit should replace yum-updatesd on fedora
and this functionality will be required by some users. I can see the two
files split out into another rpm or deb, something like PackageKit-cron.

Plus, then I can then install PackageKit on my NAS (just a Fedora 8
install) and just let it do the right thing even when it's sitting there
without a user logged in.