[packagekit] dbus policy error

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 12:25:34 PDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-03-06 at 20:33 +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On 3/6/08, Sveta Anisimova <svet at bu.edu> wrote:
> > raise PackageKitException(e)
> > packagekit.pkexceptions.PackageKitException:
> > org.freedesktop.PackageKit.RefusedByPolicy:
> > org.freedesktop.packagekit.update-package auth_self_keep_always
>
> That's better, i'm just wondering if we are doing the policykit dance
> properly in python - which it looks we are not. for now you can use
> polkit-auth to add yourself, but someone will have to fix the python
> frontend to resubmit like we do in PkClient.

Python dudes: for this can we please catch the
packagekit.pkexceptions.PackageKitException
"org.freedesktop.PackageKit.RefusedByPolicy" and if this is encountered,
please just retry the DBUS method call. I'm a bit out of my depth with
this python foo.

If you need an example, look at libpackagekit/pk-client.c
(pk_client_refresh_cache) for how we do the policykit dance.

Thanks.