[packagekit] Res: Res: automaticaly Dependencies

mirttex85-pk at yahoo.com.br mirttex85-pk at yahoo.com.br
Mon Mar 17 09:22:11 PDT 2008

>On Mon, 2008-03-17 at 07:36 -0700, mirttex85-pk at yahoo.com.br wrote:
>> No gnome-desktop requires gaim (part of the hole desktop)
>
>Sure. So if you remove gaim then you remove gnome-desktop. That's fine
>as gnome-desktop is a meta-package that _requires_ other stuff, rather
>than other stuff _depending_ on it.
>
>> not sure if I understood you point but save the user to be without a
>> desktop, you know users like to next next finish, so even you you say:
>> Hey! say good bye to your desktop! he'll click yes, but a least he
>> could have a choice to umark those packages that are marked as
>> automatically..

>You shouldn't need to; the gnome-desktop meta-package can be removed
>easily without destroying the system.

This is the point on apt, this meta-package removes everything it installed that is marked automatically and no others packages depends on it. If you google you will find a lot of people complaining that they want to remove gain and the whole desktop was removed with.
The solution is just give a chance to the user unmarkauto this packages.Before remove the gnome-desktop.

Daniel.

http://br.mail.yahoo.com/