[packagekit] Assertion `backend->priv->locked != FALSE' failing during init

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 09:27:39 PDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-03-19 at 16:22 +0000, Thomas Wood wrote:
> My backend appears to be running into this:
>
> ** CRITICAL **: pk_backend_message: assertion `backend->priv->locked !=
> FALSE' failed
>
> The backtrace (see below) indicates this is coming from calling
> pk_backend_message() during the backend initialisation. Is there some
> issue with this?

Well, what it's basically saying is that you are not allowed to call
pk_backend_message() before you have locked the backend and
initialization has complete. The check is probably superfluous, as we
are not doing anything crazy with the backend state in
pk_backend_message().

You can either remove the:

g_return_val_if_fail (backend->priv->locked != FALSE, FALSE);

from pk_backend_message or just delay the message until after
initialization.

Out of interest, what message are you trying to propagate to the user at
init time?