[packagekit] Assertion `backend->priv->locked != FALSE' failing during init

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 09:55:59 PDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-03-19 at 16:51 +0000, Thomas Wood wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-03-19 at 16:27 +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> > On Wed, 2008-03-19 at 16:22 +0000, Thomas Wood wrote:
> [...]
> > Out of interest, what message are you trying to propagate to the user at
> > init time?
>
> Uuuh, debug messages? :-)

I think pk_warning and pk_debug might be better for that :-)

> Probably not of interest to end users, but could be interesting to front
> ends?

I don't think frontends should be parsing the output of Messages() -
unless you can think of a good reason why that would rock....

> If this isn't the purpose of pk_backend_message(), then I should
> probably stop (ab)using it.

Well, I use it for debugging (the DAEMON constant) so I can't really
talk. You can remove the lock check if you wish, that's fine with me,
and probably logically correct.