[packagekit] Getting the update UI right

Matthias Clasen matthias.clasen at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 15:56:47 PDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 1:47 PM, Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> wrote

>  Looks great to me. Waiting in anticipation! :-)

Here is a patch. Some things that are not done yet:

- if the yum backend takes a while to start up, the overview window
occasionally comes up with the treeview completely empty, which looks
disconcerting

- we should avoid hiding/showing the details treeview whenever another
row is selected, and we should ensure that the first row is selected
when we switch to that page

- without the statusbar, we need some other way to signal activity
when the backend takes too long, e.g when selecting another row, or
when doing the force refresh. Maybe settting a busy cursor would be
good.