[packagekit] New filter UI?

Patryk Zawadzki patrys at pld-linux.org
Sun Mar 23 18:48:10 PDT 2008

On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 2:37 AM, Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:
> Matthias suggested a menubar in pk-application for the filter UI. It
>  seems to look pretty sane. What do you guys think of the attached?

Argh, that would require at least four clicks and four precise mouse
moves to make sure it shows what it's supposed to show. Please don't
do it, submenus are a pain in the ass both for disabled users, touch
screen owners and in this case regular people who just want their
computer to show a particular subset of packages.

I think a more "average Jane" kind of approach would be to just
include 3 checkboxes: include non-free, include development and
include non-graphical (where the last two could just be merged to
"show packages you don't want to know about" ;]) but I'd prefer
something better.

--
Patryk Zawadzki
PLD Linux Distribution