[packagekit] Broken %pre and %post scripts cause silent failure

Tim Lauridsen tim.lauridsen at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 24 00:26:47 PDT 2008

Richard Hughes wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 6:03 PM, Sveta Anisimova <svet at bu.edu> wrote:
>>  which causes the PackageKit to fail to install the package but doesn't
>>  catch an appropriate error.
>
> yum dudes: Can we catch this in the yum backend from rpm? if so, you
> either want to use ErrorCode() if it's fatal, or Message() if it's
> not.
I not sure it can be done, there is some issues with rpm not returning
scriptlet errorcodes to yum, it just print a warning message to stdout.
It is a problem with all yum gui is know of, they dont catch scriptlet
errors, because rpm dont signal that the transactions has errors, if a
scriptlet fails.

Tim