[packagekit] Reviewing use of internal-error

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 14:48:30 PDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-03-24 at 16:21 -0400, Elliot Peele wrote:
> I don't really get a better error from conary unless I try to parse
> the text of the exception. I intend to return the enum and the text of
> the exception to the user.

Ick. The whole point of the error enum is so we can show the user a
useful translated string, something like "The update cannot be updated
because the mainframe is too old" rather than "The update cannot be
completed". The former explains _why_ to the user in an understandable
way and we can also add an extended localised description to a
suggestion such as "Please restart the mainframe"

I think parsing the error text might be the best plan, unless you can
extend the conary API to be more descriptive with errors.