[packagekit] issues with the new wait state

Matthias Clasen matthias.clasen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 14:52:15 PDT 2008

Richard,

the new wait indication is not working so hot.
In pk-update-viewer, what I'm seeing is that I first get
the "getting information" text, and then it changes to
"waiting for transaction lock", while the animation keeps running.

In pk-repo, things are worse. I get an initial blnk of "waiting for ...",
even when nothing else holds the lock. And when I toggle one of the
repositories, the treeview content is wiped out by the "waiting for..."
line and doesn't come back.

I think this needs more thought.

Matthias