[packagekit] issues with the new wait state

Matthias Clasen matthias.clasen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 15:35:38 PDT 2008

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 6:16 PM, Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-03-25 at 17:52 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
>  > In pk-repo, things are worse. I get an initial blnk of "waiting for ...",
>  > even when nothing else holds the lock. And when I toggle one of the
>  > repositories, the treeview content is wiped out by the "waiting for..."
>  > line and doesn't come back.
>
>  Are you running with packagekitd from git? I fixed a race this exposed a
>  few hours ago.

Yes I do.

Here is what I see when I configure repo-changes to require root:

1. toggle a repo checkbox

2. get the following:

status changed: status 0

and the password dialog

3. cancel the password dialog, and no further signals on the PkClient,
neither finished, nor error...

4. The repo list stays at "Waiting for..."

I'd say it is wrong to clear the repo list in the first place, since
we never reget the list of repositories. "Waiting for ..." in the
treeview only ever makes sense at startup, when we haven't populated
the list yet.