[packagekit] ServicePack: depending on gio

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 10:06:19 PDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-03-27 at 16:56 +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> Following this email will be specific thread for discussion. So no code
> yet -- but I'm working on it.

When we do ServicePack(s=path,b=enable) then effectively we are creating
or removing a local repo.

With this in mind I was thinking of a new signal:

RepoStateChanged

Which would signify if the number of repos has changed, or if the
metadata of a specific repo has changed.

This would allow pk-repo to update the list when you insert the update
or offline install disk, pk-application to requeue the search and get
the new results.

The existing UpdatesChanged signal will still be used to notify the
client tools that the number of updates _may_ have changed.

Sane?