[packagekit] ServicePack: Matching update media to distros

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 11:32:50 PDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-03-28 at 12:58 -0400, Ken VanDine wrote:
> This contains some very rich information, not only the arch data but
> also what repository it was installed from and should be updated from.
> The data on the service pack CD/DVD will have the same data included
> which can be queried via conary.  So if the backend was was asked to
> do that validation, we could take advantage of that.

Sure, but this id is basically a check of "is this the right kind of
disk" rather than details for the backend.

The backend can read out from packagekit.conf on the root of the media,
where it might make sense to put stuff
like group-gnome-dist=foresight.rpath.org at fl:2-qa/2.0-0.29-3[~!dom0,~!
domU,~!vmware,~!xen is: x86(i486,i586,i686,sse,sse2) x86_64].