[packagekit] PolicyKit 0.8 dependency

Patrick Niklaus marex at opencompositing.org
Thu May 1 09:57:18 PDT 2008

Hi,

I just noticed that latest git version of gnome-packagekit seems to
depend on PolicyKit 0.8, and thus can not compile with version 0.7.

The main reason for that seems to be line 175 in gpk-consolekit.c  "if
(polkit_action_equal (action, action2)) {"  which makes use of
polkit_action_equal that is only provided by PolicyKit >=0.8.

I would welcome it, if you either fix the dependencies (for example
using the patch I attached) or remove the dependency on 0.8 changing
the line above.

Best Regards,
Patrick