[packagekit] Remove the option to install updates automatically when on battery power

Robin Norwood rnorwood at redhat.com
Thu May 1 12:59:15 PDT 2008

Hi,

Does anybody see a real use for the 'install updates automatically
even when on battery power' checkbox in gpk-prefs?  At least in
yum/rpm-land, this is a great way to end up with a corrupt yum cache
and/or rpmdb.  I can't think of any valid usecase where someone would
want to risk this with automatic updates.  Can we just get rid of the
preference completely?

You can still install updates manually when on battery power, of course
(PK warns you, but will let you do it if you want).

Thoughts?

-RN

--
Robin Norwood