[packagekit] FOSScamp discussion notes

Patryk Zawadzki patrys at pld-linux.org
Tue May 27 08:35:49 PDT 2008

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 5:31 PM, Stanislav Visnovsky <visnov at suse.cz> wrote:
> I do not think any distro has a repository that contains everything and this
> will never be the case. That's why Build Service exists.

But that's the goal of most distros. If users want foo, they will
complain and so foo will find its way into distro. That's why using
_only_ distro-provided packages is a good idea. Not to mention having
many mutually-incompatible forks of RPM and different macros and
provides (try to install a PLD Linux package on Fedora or a SUSE
package on RedHat EL without resorting to --force --nodeps).

--
Patryk Zawadzki
PLD Linux Distribution