[packagekit] Seporating the obsoletes and updates

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Wed May 28 07:06:12 PDT 2008

This is the code we use in yumBackend.py

    def _get_obsoleted(self,name):
        obsoletes = self.yumbase.up.getObsoletesTuples(newest=1)
        for (obsoleting,installed) in obsoletes:
            if obsoleting[0] == name:
                pkg =  self.yumbase.rpmdb.searchPkgTuple(installed)[0]
                return self._pkg_to_id(pkg)
        return ""

    def _get_updated(self,pkg):
        updated = None
        pkgs = self.yumbase.rpmdb.searchNevra(name=pkg.name)
        if pkgs:
            return self._pkg_to_id(pkgs[0])
        else:
            return ""

We need to return the list delimited with "^". In 0.3.x we'll switch
obsoletes and updates to be a proper 'as' (rather than 's') types, but I
don't want to break API in 0.2.x again for just this reason.

Robin/Luke/Tim, could you fix up that yum and yum2 code to do the right
thing pls, and I'll patch the daemon and client tools.

Thanks.

Richard