[packagekit] FOSScamp discussion notes

Patryk Zawadzki patrys at pld-linux.org
Wed May 28 07:41:40 PDT 2008

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 4:09 PM, Stanislav Visnovsky <visnov at suse.cz> wrote:
> 1-click gives the user ability to decide enabling additional repo.
> Distribution does not care where the repository is coming from, this is fully
> under control of the user and defined by the provider of 1-click URL.

What I meant to say is that enabling third party repos from a user's
point of view is just a wild guess ("is this ok? should I trust
them?"). At least at first, as later the user learns to just blindly
click "yes, go ahead" ("I've already addedd 20 other repos, stop
bugging me like I know if it's legitimate").

--
Patryk Zawadzki
PLD Linux Distribution