[packagekit] To many dialogs

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 09:52:18 PST 2008

On Sun, 2008-11-16 at 15:41 +0100, Tim Lauridsen wrote:
> When i want to install a rpm from web site i get precented for a lot
> of dialogs.
>
> This one is ok, it ask if want to install and rpm.
> dialog1

I think this one is okay, right?

> This one i not needed,  IMO,  pk should just copy it and go one
> dialog2

I think you are bumping into the bug fixed by
commit838241d093a7be7600d05d35d02b6e6050904b28 -- what version
gnome-packagekit are you using?

> The dialog is need, but the text dont make sense to my wife, she dont
> know what at
> GPG signature is.
> And malicious software text will scare the crap out of her.

Right. That's sort of by design, but I understand what you mean.

> Maybe it should be changed to something like
> "Software you are trying to install, is not signed by a trusted
> provider, do not install software from
> places you don't trust. You will need to know the the root password,
> for your system to be allowed to
> install the software.
> Do you want to continue to installing the software.

title: Missing security signature

message: The package is not signed by a trusted provider. Do not install
this package unless you are sure it is safe to do so. Malicious software
can damage your computer or cause other harm. Are you sure you want to
install this package?

What about that?